Saturday 30 September 2017

People's Friend word counts

In my last post, I said that I'd recieved a rejection from The People's Friend. In my case the word count wasn't the issue, but writers have mentioned that they have been rejected for that reason. In her blog post, The People's Friend fiction editor Shirley Blair explains which word counts she is currently looking for and why work which doesn't fit these categories might be rejected.

Btw, The People Friend isn't the only womag which accepts unsolicited fiction - there are at least half a dozen more. Scroll down the page to find 'magazine guideline - quick links' for details of all the womags I'm aware of.

UPDATE 5th October 2017

Shirley Blair has more to say on this subject here.

3 comments:

Rosemary Gemmell said...

Thanks for this, Patsy - just catching up on blogs!

Carolb said...

Useful to have the up to date requirements Patsy, as they don't always update the guidelines showing on the website, so always worth checking the Womagwriter's blog for the latest news.

Patsy said...

Thanks Carol and Rosemary. For those considering subbing to the mag, it's worth following The People's Friend blog, but I'll put any updates I come across on here too.